Hey sunshines! I wanna share with you these Energy bombs! They are perfect for breakfast, as snack of when you crave something sweet.
- 4 cups whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cups cocnut sugar
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (I used pecans, hazelnuts and cashews)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup agave syrup (or 5 dates – I used dates)
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (a 12-oz bag) or chopped chocolate (80%)
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter, chunky or smooth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 10 x 15-inch baking sheet** with parchment (for easy removal and cutting) or just lightly grease.
- Mix together the oatmeal, sugar, and all the nuts. Melt the coconut oil and mix in the vanilla before adding to the oatmeal. Use the same measuring cup from the butter to measure the agave syrup (or add the dates) and add it to the oatmeal mixture, stirring all together.
- Press mixture firmly into the prepared pan and bake for 15-17 minutes, until browned. Rotate the pan halfway through baking if needed for even browning.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and peanut butter together, on low on the stovetop or about one minute in the microwave and stirring to finish melting.
- Pour the chocolate topping over the warm bars, spreading evenly. Let cool before cutting into bars.
**I always make these in a 10×15 pan, but if you want thicker bars, you can use a 13×9 pan but you’ll have to bake a little longer.
Serving Size: 1 bar (Calories: 138 | Fat: 8.9g | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g)